We love Naturepedic for a variety of reasons but one reason why we’ve opted for a Naturepedic baby mattress is because they are a family owned company. Why is this important when deciding on a crib mattress? It is important because knowing a company is family owned and run means that they really understand what the customer needs (whether it’s the parents or the baby is a interesting one). They really listen to customers and try to always improve their product range to keep up to date with crib mattress standards, regulations and also requests and feedback from parents, and this is something that is admirable for a baby brand.
Here is a quick summary of the benefits of buying a Naturepedic Crib Mattress:
- Ultimate snug fit in any crib – has square corners
- Made from 100% organic cotton
- Convertible crib mattress (firm for infants, soft for toddlers)
- Meets all safety standards and regulations
- Waterproof crib mattress – very easy to clean
Naturepedic mattress size: 27.75″ x 52″ x 6 (standard size)
Naturepedic Baby Mattress Range
- Most Popular: Organic Cotton Classic Crib Mattress, Available Here
- Organic Cotton Classic 150 Seamless, Available Here
- Lightweight Dual Firmness Crib Mattress, Available Here
- Lightweight Crib Mattress, Available Here
- Classic 252 Crib Mattress, Available Here
- Organic Cotton Oval Bassinet Pad, Available Here
- Organic Cotton Bassinet Pad, Available Here
- Naturepedic Waterproof Fitted Crib Pad, Available Here
- Waterproof Protector Pad, Available Here
- Naturepedic Flannel Pad, Available Here
Naturepedic Crib Mattress Review
The Naturepedic family design their safe organic mattresses with the help of orthopedic specialists, pediatricians, engineers and chemists. They also do all their design, research and testing on home soil, each baby mattress is made in the US and actually employs Amish craftsmen to make their crib mattresses to the highest hand made quality.
What I also love about the Naturepedic brand is that they have an entire range of good Naturepedic products, you can get crib mattresses, to waterproof covers to changing pads and more..
Their non-toxic natural crib mattresses are made of 100% organic cotton and have a seamless, waterproof cover. The Naturepedic cot mattress surpasses fire safety standards and the materials meet food contact standards (from more details, click here).
Naturepedic mattresses are light weight and supportive without heavy inner springs because of wave support, which is the way the materials are laid in a wave shape to hold weight and be supportive without having to use extra heavy materials; meaning those sleepy eyed middle of the night sheet changes because somebody had a blowout (yuck!) won’t be so much work in the heavy lifting department and you can get your sweet angel back to sleep faster, not to mention allowing you to get back to sleep faster.
All Naturepedic crib mattresses have this ‘dual firmness’ feature; what this means is that the crib mattress, has a firmer side for infants, but the other side is softer for growing toddlers. Why we love Naturepedic is because the cot mattresss fits both cribs and toddler beds, thus you don’t have to go buy another mattress when your baby starts growing.
A sure investment and one will last for years to come, which is absolutely wonderful because buying multiple mattresses can be quite the hassle. It’s enough stress trying to find a good crib mattress right now, imagine repeating this process again.
Looking for a great brand in baby cribs? Read about the Stork Craft Convertible Baby Cribs here.